Lesson 75 – Paschen Rapier Seminar Part 4
This is the fourth part of my Paschen Rapier Seminar. Read more about the seminar and part one, two, and three
- Student engages in hanging second, thrust in third to the inside high line by detachment
- Student engages in hanging second, partner frees blade and raises it. Student engages in third and glides
- Student performs #1 while making an advance with the engagement
- Student engages in hanging second with an advance. Partner frees blade and retreats. Student performs #2, making an advance with the engagement and then gliding with a lunge
- Partner’s choice between #3 and #4
- As #5, but partner can continue to retreat, freeing their weapon from engagement with each retreat. The student alternates between engagements of hanging second and third until the partner stops, prompting the lunge.
- Student engages in hanging second, partner frees weapon and extends with the weapon high (higher than #2). Student lunges in second below the blade
- Student engages in second, partner leaves the tip near the student’s strong during the engagement. Student glides in second to the outside low line
- Student chooses between #1, #2, #7, and #8, based on the partner’s response to the initial engagement
- #6, but each time the student engages in hanging second, the partner could choose to prompt #7 and #8 as well.
Share on Facebook