This is a lesson that I did a practice last week. Â The goal for the lesson, rather than to work on techniques was to focus more on timing and speed, which is why the lesson itself is so short. Â For the actions that are on the student’s initiative, the instructor has the option to try to parry them – if the timing or the distance is not correct for the student, they will have a hard time making the hit.
- In time, as the instructor invites in 3rd, straight thrust
- On the student’s initiative, straight thrust.
- In time, blade seizure in 4th and glide
- In time, blade seizure in 4th, disengage
- Instructor’s choice between 2 and 3.
- On the student’s initiative, three straight thrusts
Share on Facebook