This is a lesson that I did a practice last week. The goal for the lesson, rather than to work on techniques was to focus more on timing and speed, which is why the lesson itself is so short. For the actions that are on the student’s initiative, the instructor has the option to try to parry them – if the timing or the distance is not correct for the student, they will have a hard time making the hit.
- In time, as the instructor invites in 3rd, straight thrust
- On the student’s initiative, straight thrust.
- In time, blade seizure in 4th and glide
- In time, blade seizure in 4th, disengage
- Instructor’s choice between 2 and 3.
- On the student’s initiative, three straight thrusts
Share on Facebook